This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the libstdc++ project.
Re: patch: <bits/localefwd.h> with -fno-exceptions
- To: ross dot s at ihug dot co dot nz
- Subject: Re: patch: <bits/localefwd.h> with -fno-exceptions
- From: Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>
- Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2001 14:49:16 -0800
- Cc: libstdc++ at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Organization: CodeSourcery, LLC
- References: <3A68BE94.866DA7DC@ihug.co.nz>
>>>>> "Ross" == Ross Smith <email@example.com> writes:
Ross> Mark Mitchell wrote:
>> There are other approaches. For example,
>> #if NO_EXCEPTIONS #define try if (true) #define catch(x) if
>> (false) #endif
>> This works because try and catch blocks are always enclosed in
Ross> Why bother with the "if (true)"? If you simply "#define try"
Ross> (i.e. try
-> empty string), the try block becomes a plain brace-enclosed
Ross> which should DTRT.
Sure -- I was just matching the transformation Ben suggested the
Mark Mitchell firstname.lastname@example.org
CodeSourcery, LLC http://www.codesourcery.com