Re: Please help me : libstdc++-v3 doesn't compile with GCC-2.95.2 on Sparc-Solaris 2.6

On Fri, Jan 19, 2001 at 09:07:31AM +0100, Maurizio Loreti wrote:

> To begin with, I understand that you, libstdc++ developers, have as target
> to develop a final version 3 g++; but you also, please, understand that
> somebody in the real world is developing for multiplatform environments
> (for me Linux, Solaris, Compaq and Irix)

g++ runs on all of these.  It is not restricted to Linux.

> and must use a modern standard
> library as possible compliant with ISO/IEC 14882-1998.  The first
> announcement I have seen for gcc v3 was for spring 2000.

I assume you meant to type 2001 there.  In any case, we hope to have it
finished within the next three months.

> gzip -dc /usr/archive/dist/gcc-20010115.tar.gz | tar xof -

There was a bug introduced before the 15th of this month.  The snapshot
created on the 15th contained that bug.  The bug has since been fixed.

The bug affected i686 targets, and it looks like that's what you are using.
You can either use your current setup and specify an i586 target when you
configure, or just use current CVS.

Since libstdc++-v3 is part of the g++ sources now, you might try just
using current CVS (or a snapshot), and using the library sources that
come with it.  They will be more recent than the 2.90.8 library snapshot.
Simply configure with --enable-libstdcxx-v3, and you will get the new
library.  Also, flags like -fhonor-std will be on by default, so you don't
need to set them yourself.

Phil