Re: [patch] mkcshadow improvements

On Tue, May 16, 2000 at 11:25:52AM +0100, Anthony Williams wrote:
> From: Nathan Myers <ncm@cantrip.org>
> OK, to keep you both happy, the results of diff -rcp (headers-diff2)
> and diff -rup (headers-diff3) are attached.

The "headers-diff3" attachment was very helpful.

I find lots of things that are done better (i.e. correctly) in
shadow/bits/*.h.  Anthony, did you not look at those files?
Merging the best of both might bring us closer to completion.

For example, your treatment of errno is not conforming: errno
must not only be a macro, it must be an lvalue.

> > By the way, upon inspecting the diffs, the various *iso646* headers
> > I  find in the existing tree are totally nonconforming.  Where did
> > they  come from?  They should just be empty.
>
> They were installed as part of the egcs-20000501 snapshot.

OK, I found them in the ChangeLog, from April of last year.  Sigh.

Nathan Myers
ncm at cantrip dot org