Re: FreeBSD 4.0 support now in

Hi,

thanks for your quick reply!

On Thu, 11 May 2000 llewelly@dbritsch.dsl.xmission.com wrote:

> On Thu, 11 May 2000, Stefanus Du Toit wrote:
>
> libg++ is obsolete.
>
> libstdc++-v3 is an implementation the ISO standard C++ library, so it does
>   not contain libg++ .
>
> libstdc++-v3 does contain a working basic_streambuf<>::showmanyc() .
>   (If you find any bugs in it, please email this list. :-)

Yes, that's why I wanted to use libstdc++-v3 instead of libg++ that is
included with gcc 2.95.2.

> You are welcome to help look for bugs. :-)

Sure, I'll see what I can do.

> I do not think it matters which gcc-2.95.2 you use. Note that
>   libstdc++-v3 is experimental, and does not come with gcc 2.95.2
>
> Unfortunately, libstdc++-v3 does not work with gcc-2.95.2 at this
>   moment (lots of duplicate definition errors, caused in part
>   by a bad tr in src/Makefile.am). Benjamin was using 2.96 from cvs.

Hmm, do you mean libstdc++-v3 is included with gcc 2.96 (cvs)?

I have been looking at the libstdc++ cvs from cygnus.com so far, it seems
to be the same as the april 20 snapshot - should I be looking somewhere
else for really bleeding edge, current cvs?

> I am currently working on a patch to fix the 2.95.2 problems; it should be
>   ready to sumbit in a few hours. Care to be the first person to test it
>   on FreeBSD ? :-) (I only have linux.)

Sure, I'll also see about getting cvs gcc though.

--
Stefanus Du Toit * WorldForger * Open-source/free software unix hacker
mailto:sdt@gmx.net * http://www.worldforge.org/ * http://ultracool.net/