Re: making conforming headers.

> The standard requires that a library C++ header only include other
> C++ headers (17.4.4.1).  Is anybody looking at what it is going to
> take to do this?

I think this is already the case. All headers processed by a C++
compiler are C++ headers, perhaps with the exception of the headers in
Annex D.5; which is a C header. Please note that it nowhere says that
a C header is not C++ header.

Anyway, 17.4.4.1/1 does not say 'only'; it gives a permission (to
include other headers), instead of imposing a restriction (to include
only C++ headers, in whatever way you could distinguish them from
other headers).

Even if this was meant as a restriction, I'd claim you could still
include C headers in a C++ header, under the as-if rule (1.9/1).

Regards,
Martin