Re: Is this a bug or lack of understanding?

On Tue, 18 Apr 2000, Chris Picton wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have the following program:
>
> If i run it as it stands, it prints out all the elements in the map
> in alphabetical order of the keys
>
> If I change the commented return line in the sort function object, to
> sort by length of the key, it doesnt print all the entries in the map.
>
> Could someone explain why, or is it a bug?

Not a bug.

Your first version of the program maps strips to ints.  The second maps the length of the strings to ints.  A map<>
will hold only one instance per value, so I would expect only one entry per length of string in the second version of
the program.

Stephen M. Webb
Principle Consultant, Bregmasoft