rebuild -- on or off by default

> As std:: changes mangling, this is one of
> the things that I would hope to have on by default. (Or else we will have
> to do something like the relibgcc flag, which is not very elegant.)

Speaking of which...

I have changed my local setup such that when EGCS builds the -v3 library,
the -v3 library turns around and rebuilds libgcc.a, all automatically.
The --enable-namespaces flag is on by default, and it all works beautifully.

Should this be checked in?  Currently we require the libstdc++-v3 sources
to be underneath the EGCS sources, but we're still allowing the library to
be built by itself.  This change would additionally require that the build
directories also be merged, unless the user passes --disable-libgcc-rebuild.
Users who just want to get the library by itself couldn't just do 'configure
&& make install' anymore.  :-(

Where is this heading?  Or rather, how do we want it to be for the next
snapshot?

Phil
(Forgive any typos, I've just got one of those split-in-half
carpel-tunnel-avoiding keyboards and I cant type.)