Re: Solaris 7 build fails for current cvs resolved, but static/dyn. libproblems

Plattform: Ultra10, Solaris 7, gcc 2.95.2, gnu make 3.78.1, libstdc++ cvs
head version

Hi there,

initialy i called configure --prefix=/usr (as used on linux) for the
current libstdc++ cvs head version.
changing it to --prefix=/usr/local resolved the problem and i got the
library build.

Now I have some trouble to successfully link my app and create a working
executable.

On linux there were no problems, I used LD_FLAGS=-static and CFLAGS=-Wall
-g.

My app is using some socket functions so I set on Solaris
LIBS=-lm -lsocket -lnsl -lstdc++ -lc

But during link stage I get unreslved externales for dl_close() etc.. stuff
from the dynamic linker on solaris
which are needed by /usr/lib/libnsl.a(netdir.o)

If I link without LD_FLAG=-static the build completes but the executable
crashes right from the start with

(gdb) run
Starting program: /space/bruno/prj/GuckySys/src/emi/./emi

basic_ios<char, char_traits<char> >::rdstate (this=0x0)
    at /usr/local/include/g++-v3/bits/basic_ios.h:96
96            { return _M_streambuf_state; }

---
So I am sure that this is not a purely libstdc++ topic but I would appreciate some help
how to build apps that use both libstdc++ and solaris provided libs together.
Perhaps there are some links to guides/faqs there these topics are explained??

TIA, Bruno

--
Bruno.Voigt@ic3s.de  # IC3S AG # Tel. 04106.655.105 # Fax. 04106.4618
____________________ # Mobile 0700.686.00.686