Re: Building libstdc++

In an earlier message, Brent Verner wrote:

> I'm not sure about the official position, but I think libstdc++ should
> work w/o GNU as, also.

That /is/ the official position.  :-)

On Tue, Dec 26, 2000 at 11:20:30AM -0500, Brent Verner wrote:

> The patch I sent (only to you) was indeed not production-ready, as I
> don't know what macro protection (if any) is available to detect the
> assembler being used. anyone know this magic?

There isn't any right now.  I happen to be working on some to detect GNU
ld and produce a WITH_GNU_LD macro.  The same could be done for GNU as.
I think we can assume that if those are not defined, we're using the
native tool (unless there's a platform which offers its own choice of
assemblers/linkers, egads).

But I don't have authority over the gcc configury, so even if I can get
someone to answer my questions on the other mailing lists, I still need
to get the patch approved.

Phil