Re: USER: linuxthreads causes segfault

In article <20001218103401.A751@kungfu.ixla.com.au>,
Richard Andrews <richarda@ixla.com.au> writes:

> OK the last question got the silent treatment which pissed me off a bit.
> I'll rephrase.

Hi Richard,

Since I don't use Linux, I must have skipped your question the first
time.  Your report (I reviewed your first message as well) is missing
some important information.  You should not get so upset with people
providing you free service over the Internet.

> When I link libstdc++ and libpthread into an exe it crashes on exit ALWAYS.
> Why does this happen? Is this a known problem? Is anyone working on it?

Exactly how did you configure gcc when you built it?  If done as a
separate step, exactly how did you configure libstdc++-v3 when you
built it?

> What can _I_ do to fix it?

If you didn't configure both pieces with --enable-threads=posix ,
then I would start there.

In another e-mail in this thread, you also mentioned an issue with
ld-linux.so.  Try compiling (and linking) on Linux with the following
command:

$ g++ -pthread -static src.C

In this case, do not explicitly include -lpthread, as it is provided
by the compiler driver.

> It is VITAL that I can use C++ with pthreads ASAP but I can't use
> the gcc-2.95.2 release of libstdc++ because vector was broken.

Humm...

Regards,
Loren