RE: segfault in wgenopts.c

gosh, my typing was a bit random in that mail, wasn't it....!

> I hit this. looking tah teh code it looks liek there's a load of problems with
> the w* versions in libio not using the cortrect JUMPTABLE fuucntions (e.e
> wgenopts.c uses _IO_DOALLOCATE rather than _IO_WDOALLOCATE, etc.
> I'm makeing the changes now but I've hit a problem in wfiledoalloc.c.
>
> in _IO_wfile_doalloc a call is made to _IO_file_doalloc if
> _IO_buf_base ==NULL.
> can someone explain why this is done?

Who is working on this? I commented out that piece of code, chanegd a subsequent
call to _IO_SYSSTAT yo _IO_WSYSSTAT and changed the call to _IO_DOALLOCATE in
wgenopts.c to _IO_WDO_ALLOCATE. this giot it a bit further in initialisation.

I found a problem in __basic_string<wchar_t>::__basic_string - it calls
IO_doallocbug, but it appears that the non wide entries in the JUMPTABLE are not
initialised.

I'm starting to get out of my depth here - commenting these calls out got me as
far as finilistion (_fini) but then I hit some weirdo errors in std_fstream
static destructors.

anyone got any pointer / wants my patches?

Thanks,
Rob Taylor
Flying Pig Systems