Re: V3 Porting Guide

  In message <20001121150432O.mitchell@codesourcery.com>you write:
  > Jeff, you just volunteered to be a guinea pig. :-) If you try to
  > follow these directions on HPUX and see where you get, that would be
  > great.
OK.  It's been a big help.  I got farther within 5 minutes of reading just the
section than I did in a hour or so on my own.

libstdc++-v3 triggers at least one backend bug in the PA32 compiler, which can
be worked around by disabling optimization (not that I was trying to do that,
I found the workaround by accident).

When trying to build libstdc++.sl.3 we core dump the hpux linker :(  Null
pointer dereference.

Typically such problems are actually bugs in gcc or gas, but tracking them
down is, err, nontrivial.

Anyway, I'm going after the backend bug first, then I'll start investigating
the linker segfault.

jeff