Re: Removal of V2 code

>   The rumors of V2 not working with newlib were greatly exaggerated.

Err. I think you mean the rumors of V3 working with newlib have been
greatly exaggerated. As a matter of fact, it's been working since about Feb.
I did a cross x86-x-powerpc-elf this Sunday, as a matter of fact, and it
worked well.

>   I made absolutely no changes to the source code or configury bits.

...as none should be needed.

>   There was also one configury oddity in the V3 directory:
>
> /nfs/gandalf/u2/mitchell/dev/powerpc-test/cvs-objs/gcc/egcs/libstdc++-v3/configure: test: =: unary operator expected
>
>   This comes from:
>
>   AC_DEFUN(AC_LC_MESSAGES,
>   [if test $ac_cv_header_locale_h = yes; then
>     AC_CACHE_CHECK([for LC_MESSAGES], ac_cv_val_LC_MESSAGES,
>
> when $ac_cv_header_locale_h is not yet set.  I think that the V3
> configury bits should check for <locale.h> first.  Would a V3 person
> please confirm that, and make the necessary change?

I'll fix this.

>   Even without this change, however, the configuration completed,
> built the library, and mostly worked.

... this has been my experience as well. Nice to see it confirmed.

-benjamin