Re: terminate ?

On Fri, Nov 03, 2000 at 10:21:33AM +0000, Dr. David Gilbert wrote:

> But when I'm loading a library it is complaining of undefined
> symbol: 'terminate__Fv'; Ah - I'm picking up an old library compiled with
> an older gcc and it has the terminate__Fv.  So OK - that isn't really a
> problem.

After reading your other messages, I'm wondering -- are you building just
the library, or the whole compiler+library?  (If you've already said that,
I apologize; this week has been somewhat hectic.)

If you're building the compiler with the library built-in, then the library
should be using the freshly-made-but-not-yet-installed compiler to build
itself, preventing these kinds of problems.  What flags are passed to
the linker?

> The flags I'm using to build are --enable-libstdcxx-v3  --enable-long-long
> and --enable-shared

'long long' will enable itself by default, if the compiler will support it.
Libtool turns --enable-shared on by default also.  So you might remove
those two, just to prevent any future confusion.

Luck++;
Phil