Re: AIX status

>> Can the pthreads case for configure include a special set of AIX
>> tests for when to use threads-posix.h and threads-no.h?

Ben> Yes.

	Okay, if we are pursuing this line of options, would you prefer
testing for AIX in the Posix case of GLIBCPP_ENABLE_THREADS or testing
$CXX in GLIBCPP_CHECK_OS and overriding $enable_threads with "posix" or
"no" as appropriate.  I believe that the latter option would require no
changes in GLIBCPP_ENABLE_THREADS while the former would require
overriding either way, which seems cleaner and preferrable to me.

	Earlier you were very resistent to using GLIBCPP_CHECK_OS for any
other target-specific definitions.

Ben> Hmm. Could you put dummy functions (stubs) in instead of weak linking?

	I doubt it.  Enabling threads-posix.h in v3 pulls in pthread.h
which defines re-entrant macros in AIX and changes the behavior of both v3
and AIX.  It is too large a cascade.

David