Re: V3 PATCH: Use -rpath, not --rpath, when testing

Alexandre Oliva <aoliva@redhat.com> writes:

[...]

| > (I don't think we really need *everything* static; just libstdc++ if
| > that's easy to arrange.)
|
| It isn't, unless you break libtool's encapsulation and look for
| libstdc++.a.  I don't see any value in testing both static and shared
| versions; I'd rather just defer to whatever choices the builder makes
| at configure time (i.e., --enable or --disable-shared).

For some reasons, it appears that we need to test both the shared and
static libraries (from time to time they exhibit different different
behaviour leading to bug discoveries in v3 :-).

-- Gaby
CodeSourcery, LLC                             http://www.codesourcery.com