Re: V3 PATCH: Use -rpath, not --rpath, when testing

    Alexandre> On Oct 30, 2000, Mark Mitchell <mark@codesourcery.com>
    Alexandre> wrote:

    >> Since you're a libtool expert, would you mind putting together
    >> a patch for libstdc++-v3/mkcheck.in?

    Alexandre> I'd only mind if you're in a hurry to get that in.  I'm
    Alexandre> in quite a tight schedule right now, and I don't expect
    Alexandre> to have time to look into this stuff this week :-(

I'm not in a big hurry.  I'm in a big hurry to get us switched over to
V3, which is why I worked hard on IRIX this weekend, and why I'm
working on Solaris right now.  But, the test script can certainly lag
a few days.

    >> (I don't think we really need *everything* static; just
    >> libstdc++ if that's easy to arrange.)

    Alexandre> It isn't, unless you break libtool's encapsulation and
    Alexandre> look for libstdc++.a.  I don't see any value in testing
    Alexandre> both static and shared versions; I'd rather just defer
    Alexandre> to whatever choices the builder makes at configure time
    Alexandre> (i.e., --enable or --disable-shared).

Talk it over with Benjamin; I've got no opinion.