Re: AIX status

* Ulrich Drepper (drepper@redhat.com) [20001016 05:46]:

> And your problem is?  Just as I said, it's nobody obligation to talk
> to you about this.  You have the interest that means you have to
> provide the code.

Oh come on! Of course nobody is obliged to talk to him, but if people ask
nicely, they shouldn't be ignored. Otherwise you risk putting off all those
that would like to contribute.

> > patches given the AIX requirements.  Without that, the port developer is
> > being asked to waste his or her time stumbling around in the dark creating
> > patches which are sure to be rejected.
>
> Well, yeah, to some extend this is true.  But it is what others did
> and they didn't complain, only you did.

That others don't complain is their business. Maybe they just went the way
of least resistance? If someone doesn't like to work that way but would
rather discuss things *before* starting his work, who's to blame him?

> The problem is that you want to get out of this with an investment of
> time as small as possible.

Hmmm, don't you two have something in common here?

Philipp

--
Philipp Thomas <pthomas@suse.de>
Development, SuSE GmbH, Schanzaecker Str. 10, D-90443 Nuremberg, Germany

#define NINODE  50              /* number of in core inodes */
#define NPROC   30              /* max number of processes */
 	-- Version 7 UNIX for PDP 11, /usr/include/sys/param.h