Re: libstdc++-v3 (-current) not building

On 04 Oct 2000 at 17:53 (-0700), Benjamin Kosnik wrote:

| --enable-cshadow-headers now actually does something when you enable it.
| So, be warned......

good that this is the case. I hadn't inspected the Makefile yet. I was
gonna check later and see if the plumbing had been put in place to use
the new shadow headers -- thanks.

| shadow headers only work (have been tested on) glibc-2.1.x systems (RH
| 6.2, etc.) and not glibc-2.2.x systems (RH 7.0, etc.)

cool. I'll see if I can sort this out.

| You've probably run into an issue WRT the different c libraries. You can
| either try to build w/o shadow headers, or slog through the shadow header
| gunk.

I'll keep working on building with the new shadowed headers.

| > successfully build cvs sources? Also, Benjamin, I recall you mentioning
| > that you had a (slightly?) modified set of headers from glibc-2.2.
|
| umm. I was talking about libio stuff. I wish I had a set of silver bullet
| sources.....they'd be checked into the CVS repository.
|
| ;)

right on!

  brent

--
All opinions expressed are My own, unless otherwise attributed. In
presenting facts, I expressly reserve the right to be Wrong. Portions