This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the libstdc++ project.
Re: patch to check ld
- To: Phil Edwards <pedwards at disaster dot jaj dot com>
- Subject: Re: patch to check ld
- From: fche at redhat dot com (Frank Ch. Eigler)
- Date: 31 Jul 2000 15:48:50 -0400
- Cc: jason at redhat dot com, libstdc++ at sources dot redhat dot com
- References: <200007311640.MAA32347@disaster.jaj.com>
Phil Edwards <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> Say, during compiling, one would pass -On, and when linking, one would pass
> -On -Ofinal. The latter would pass on to the linker all those flags that
> make sense for linking. And if -Ofinal were passed during a compile-only
> step, it would be ignored.
But during a "compile-only step", when is the linker is invoked at all?