Re: patch to check ld

Benjamin Kosnik <bkoz@redhat.com>:
> Yeah check this in. I knew that just flat-out adding it to the linker
> line was lazy and wrong, but was hoping that it would get fixed magically.

Hey, for "by the remainder of the developers" values of magically, this
tends to work well.  :-)

> ps. the cosmetic changes in configure.in checked in last night were due
> to experimentation with newer autoconfs--seems like some of the "dnl"
> line wraps were confusing it. If you are so motivated, you might want to
> go ahead and make configure.in/acinclude.m4 "forward compatible" with
> newer autoconfs. (Since many of these autoconf macros originated with you.)
> We're not ready to jump up to the never versions yet, but maybe soon.

I was wondering about that; figured it was a matter of GNU style requirements
or some such.  But I just finished reading the archives of your autoconf
conversation with Alexandre (at 2AM? egads).  I'll try to get the CVS
version of autoconf from subversions.

Phil