This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the libstdc++ project.
Re: all those pesky math functions
- To: Phil Edwards <pedwards at disaster dot jaj dot com>
- Subject: Re: all those pesky math functions
- From: Gabriel Dos Reis <Gabriel dot Dos-Reis at cmla dot ens-cachan dot fr>
- Date: 26 Jul 2000 21:25:32 +0200
- Cc: libstdc++ at sources dot redhat dot com
- Organization: CMLA, ENS Cachan -- CNRS UMR 8536 (France)
- References: <200007261921.PAA10584@disaster.jaj.com>
Phil Edwards <email@example.com> writes:
| Checking for those functions consumes much of the time spent in
| 'configure'. Are those checks the kind that can be safely cached?
At first sight, I'd say caching them should be OK, but hey I've been
so repeatedly surprised by those beasts that I can't say with
confidence that caching is safe. Let's go that way. If it breaks
then we'll something :-).