This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the libstdc++ project.
patch to check ld
- To: libstdc++ at sources dot redhat dot com
- Subject: patch to check ld
- From: Phil Edwards <pedwards at disaster dot jaj dot com>
- Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2000 15:05:00 -0400
This recent change
2000-07-25 Benjamin Kosnik <email@example.com>
* src/Makefile.am (CXXLINK): Add -Wl,-01 to the link line for
optimizing/adapting the hash table using GNU ld.
* src/Makefile.in: Regenerate.
assumes that GNU ld will be used. Which it probably will be, but it
might not be. Passing -O1 to a native linker would probably hose it.
I have a patch for GLIBCPP_CHECK_LINKER_FEATURE; the new version is
if test "$ac_cv_prog_gnu_ld" = "no"; then
all the existing checks done by CHECK_LINKER_FEATURE to set
SECTION_LDFLAGS to something nifty
AC_PROG_LD gets called by the libtool setup, so it should already be set
anyhow. The idea is to not even bother checking for GNU-ld-only features
when using the native linker.
The -Wl,-O1 flag would then get moved up to here somewhere.
Looking forward to the optimized hash table (smart linkers rule).