Libstdc++ V3 on intel and PowerPC

(I am not subscribed to the mailing list, so if you reply please include
me.)

I have been attempting to get the gcc-cvs and (included) libstdc++-v3
working on a PowerPC machine.

It compiles and links, however make check (and my own informal testing)
reveal it bearly works.  pass/fail is 36/118.  The shared library
version doesn't work at all on PPC.  All I get are segfaults.  (YDL
Linux, binutils-2.10.0.12, glibc-2.1.3, gcc-cvs)

I ran the same thing on my intel box (RedHat Linux 6.2) and got a
completely different result.  pass/fail was 134/18, and shared libraries
seem to work correctly.

The configure line I am compiled gcc with is:
--prefix=/usr/local -enable-libstdcxx-v3 --enable-threads=posix
--enable-long-long --enable-cshadow-headers --enable-namespaces
--enable-languages=c,c++ --enable-shared

Am I doing something wrong?  (Yes I know this is Alpha code...)  What
can I do to make this work at least as well as Intel on PPC?

Any help would be apreciated!

Thank you,
--Mark Hatle
MontaVista Software, Inc.

I can send the full contents of the make check's if it would be useful,
but I figured this would be the smalled useful output.

--------PowerPC make check results----------
[all shared tests failed, I'll only post the statics that failed]
Pass/Fail results: 36/118

Failures:
17_intro/header_iostream.cc
17_intro/headers.cc
21_strings/inserters_extractors.cc
22_locale/ctype.cc
22_locale/ctype_char_members.cc
23_containers/bitset_ctor.cc
23_containers/bitset_shift.cc
23_containers/multiset.cc
23_containers/vector_ctor.cc
24_iterators/istreambuf_iterator.cc
26_numerics/binary_closure.cc
26_numerics/complex_inserters_extractors.cc
27_io/filebuf.cc
27_io/filebuf_members.cc
27_io/ifstream_members.cc
27_io/ios_base_callbacks.cc
27_io/ios_base_members_static.cc
27_io/ios_ctor.cc
27_io/ios_manip_basefield.cc
27_io/ios_manip_fmtflags.cc
27_io/ios_members.cc
27_io/iostream_objects.cc
27_io/istream_extractor_arith.cc
27_io/istream_extractor_char.cc
27_io/istream_extractor_other.cc
27_io/istream_manip.cc
27_io/istream_seeks.cc
27_io/istream_sentry.cc
27_io/istream_unformatted.cc
27_io/istringstream_members.cc
27_io/ofstream_members.cc
27_io/ostream_inserter_arith.cc
27_io/ostream_inserter_char.cc
27_io/ostream_inserter_other.cc
27_io/ostream_manip.cc
27_io/ostream_seeks.cc
27_io/ostream_unformatted.cc
27_io/streambuf.cc
27_io/stringbuf.cc
27_io/stringstream.cc
ext/headers.cc

-------x86 make check results----
[On x86 if it worked static, it worked shared]
Pass/fail results: 134/18

21_strings/append.cc
21_strings/ctor_copy_dtor.cc
21_strings/element_access.cc