This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the libstdc++ project.
Re: what is this msgfmt ?
- To: STDC++ <libstdc++ at sourceware dot cygnus dot com>
- Subject: Re: what is this msgfmt ?
- From: Levente Farkas <lfarkas at mindmaker dot hu>
- Date: Tue, 04 Jul 2000 15:53:45 +0200
- Organization: Mindmaker Ltd.
- References: <Pine.SOL.3.91.1000703124408.4316Afirstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-To: lfarkas at mindmaker dot hu
Benjamin Kosnik wrote:
> > > 'msgfmt' is part of the texinfo stuff.
> > Ehm, it's part of gettext.
> Ugh. Pre-coffee answer == wrong, thanks Ulrich.
> It's in gettext.... you can get all the maintainer-tools as part of this
> bunch of sources:
now I isntall it and works:-)
I'm not really like to install packages by hand (ie. from tar ball), rather
make an rpm myself (if I can't find). anyway I think it'd be useful to be
a list of required packeges to compile gcc (stdc++) and as I saw on gcc
and stdc++'s homepage, there is no such list. so this is my list (which I
figured out from the maintainer-tools, ans some homepage) some place the
version is missing or incorrect, but it'd be useful to specify and put
somehwere to the homepage:
binutils-18.104.22.168.22-6 (as, opcodes,
flex-2.5.4a-9 is needed ?
AFAIS maintainer-tools/etc contains just docs.
"The only thing worse than not knowing the truth is
ruining the bliss of ignorance."