Re: man

> Well, then, I happily stand corrected.  I was under the impression that
> man page maintenance was discouraged (somewhere on the GNU site the words
> "takes away from active development" occur).

It is certainly policy that production of texinfo is encouraged over
producing man pages, for they have better hypertext capabilities. If
maintainers have no specific feeling on that matter, they are
encouraged to write texinfo.

However, in the end, it is the author's choice what text format to use
- I tend to think of these policies as guidelines, not as strict
orders.

Regards,
Martin