compilation problem

Hi folks, this might be a dumb question...

I've tried recompiling GCC to use libstdc++-v3, following the
instructions on the web site. Under every combination of procedures I
can come up with, every time the make bootstrap process gets into the
libstdc++ library, I get:

bitset_ctor.cc          ..linked
bitset_shift.cc         ..linked
multiset.cc             ..linked
vector_capacity.cc              ..linked

... and lots more of this kind of thing, then

ext             ..working in
headers.cc              ..linked
printnow.c              ..linked
configure: error: can not find install-sh or install.sh in .. ./..

This looks like a fairly simple problem... install-sh _is_ in the gcc
directory (which is ../ from the library source directory); I'm not
sure why it's not being found.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Dave Steffen                      Wave after wave will flow with the tide
Dept. of Physics                    And bury the world as it does
Colorado State University         Tide after tide will flow and recede
steffend@lamar.colostate.edu        Leaving life to go on as it was...
							- Peart / RUSH
"The reason that our people suffer in this way....
is that our ancestors failed to rule wisely".   -General Choi, Hong Hi