Re: Patch for missing sinf, cosf, ...

> > Something wacky's happening, at least on solaris8.  After this patch (the
> > very latest one),
>
> (You mean the one I sent today, right?)

Yup.  I never had time to apply any of the previous ones (this also goes
for the additional source files in the math subdir, so I have the latest
ones with _HAVE_).

> > configure detects that the builtin sqrtf is available,
> > but that the external one isn't, and yet fails to add it to LIBMATHOBJS.
> > Same for cosf and sinf.
>
> Weird. It works fine for me. Are you sure they're not in LIBMATHOBJS
> (did you check $objdir/<platform>/libstdc++-v3/math/Makefile)?

Yes.  :-)

   97% pwd
   /stuff/pme/3test/sparc-sun-solaris2.8/libstdc++-v3
   98% grep ^LIBMATHOBJS math/Makefile LIBMATHOBJS =  ccos.lo ccosf.lo
   ccosh.lo ccoshf.lo cexp.lo cexpf.lo c_log.lo c_logf.lo clog10.lo
   clog10f.lo cpow.lo cpowf.lo csin.lo csinf.lo csinh.lo csinhf.lo csqrt.lo
   csqrtf.lo ctan.lo ctanf.lo ctanh.lo ctanhf.lo carg.lo cargf.lo nan.lo
   hypotf.lo atan2f.lo expf.lo copysignf.lo
   99%

Absolutely fresh configure and build; no sqrtf.lo/o anywhere.  c++config.h
has _GLIBCPP_HAVE_BUILTIN_SQRTF defined to 1 and _GLIBCPP_HAVE_SQRTF
still commented.

I wonder if AC_REPLACE_MATHFUNCS can be made to use -fno-builtins, assuming
that would even work...

Phil