Using 2.90.60 as standard C++ lib with gcc 2.95

I'd like to recompile a bunch of existing packages with the new gcc
compiler and libstdc++ library. The release notes indicate that this
is not a "drop in" replacement and that I have to supply -I and -L
parameters to get it to link properly.

Writing new code to do this is okay .. changing lots of makefiles to
do this is a problem.

I can use CPLUS_INCLUDE_PATH to get gcc to find the proper headers, is
there any way at all that I can get the linker to link the correct
library without me having to change all my makefiles?

Thanks for any help.