Re: build and installation

On Mon, 26 Oct 1998, Brendan Kehoe wrote:
> (We'd/I'd hoped more people would be interested in trying to hack on
> the parts that're there, and fill in the ones that aren't, but no such
> luck thus far.)

I believe the reason here was that it was not that easy actually using
the prereleases of libstdc++ 3.

Moreover I (and probably others) have been a bit confused about the
relationsship between libstdc++ 3 and egcs.

For example, why are there now two different sources for STL? One in the
egcs repository and one in libstdc++? I would have preferred to keep the
common parts at a single place -- or am I missing something?

Gerald
--
Gerald Pfeifer (Jerry)      Vienna University of Technology
pfeifer@dbai.tuwien.ac.at   http://www.dbai.tuwien.ac.at/~pfeifer/