Re: libstdc++/2: valarray assignment operators don't resize

The following reply was made to PR libstdc++/2; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Benjamin Kosnik <bkoz@cygnus.com>
To: rob@geonexuscorp.com
Cc: libstdc++-gnats@sourceware.cygnus.com, gdr@sourceware.cygnus.com
Subject: Re: libstdc++/2: valarray assignment operators don't resize
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 1999 11:00:14 -0700 (PDT)

 > >Number:         2
 > >Category:       libstdc++
 > >Synopsis:       valarray assignment operators don't resize
 > >Confidential:   no
 > >Severity:       serious
 > >Responsible:    unassigned
 > >State:          open
 > >Class:          sw-bug
 > >Submitter-Id:   net
 > >Arrival-Date:   Mon Aug 23 20:47:00 PDT 1999
 > >Closed-Date:
 > >Last-Modified:
 > >Originator:     Robert Campbell
 > >Release:        2.90.6
 > The various valarray<T>::operator=(...) methods do not
 > resize the object as it should.  This results in core dumps if
 > the target objects allocated memory is smaller than the sources.

 thanks! this looks like a very well-formulated bug report. I appreciate
 you taking the time to do this.

 Gaby's the person for the numerics and libstdc+-v3, and valarray is
 entirely under his domain. I'll pass it off to him after he gets back from
 Africa, and expect he'll get in touch with you shortly afterwards.

 thanks,
 benjamin