Re: Compiling gcc.

On Fri, Feb 24, 2012 at 5:30 AM, Me Myself and I
<stargate7thsymbol@live.co.uk> wrote:

> I have
>
> gcc-core-4.6.2.tar
>
> Operating under a unix-esque environment.? Coincidentally, I have
>
> gcc-java-4.6.2.tar
>
> as subdirectories inside the former, which I am told will compile along with the former
> automatically, with no further input.

You may also need to configure with "--enable-languages=java". I'm not
sure if Java support is built by default these days.

> What do I do to get the gcc-core-4.6.2.tar compiled, built and compiling?

Have you considered installing a binary package rather than trying to
build gcc/gcj from source? Most Linux distributions do include gcj (or
"gcc-java") packages, and you'll probably find this easier to get
started with.

Bryce