java to native code and Sun JVM alternatives

Hi

I'm working on a project which have java code (and c++), and until ow I used
javac to compile the code and java to run the classes and JNI to call java
from c++ code.

I don't want to use javac, javah, and java, ...(sun stuff) because of
royalties issues...

I'm looking for alternatives.

What I see right now are two alternatives:
1. compile my java code to native code using gcj, and link it with the c++
code.
2. keep the classes and use the gij instead of java.

I start working on the two approaches in parallel and I'm having too many
problems in both them. So I need some REAL help here.

Problem with 1.
1. I succeeded to compile my java code (after chaning the syntax) using gcj
to linux "c" object files. But in the linkage to the binary, I got too many
"undefined reference to", ... because I use external "jars" (like axis)
which are not compiled to native. I try to compile the axis jar to c and get
too many compilation errors.

Problem with 2.
I compiled all my classes with gcj. and the C code uses JNI to call it. But
the JNI creates a JVM (JNI_CreateJavaVM)!!! which I don't want to use. I
want to use gij instead. So I wanted to know if there is anyway to let my
JNI code to ceate a gij VM and and java VM. is there anything like this ?!
If not, how can I use the classes I compiled with gcj from the c code
without using the JAVA VM?
CNI? does that mean that I should convert my jni code to cni?

Any idea/help/new approaches are welcome!

Thanx
Wagde