> Andrew Haley wrote:
>> Sam Ruby wrote:

>>> namespace also happens to be the name of a concept in XML...

>>> To what?  Specifically, what should namespace "namespace" be mapped to?
>>
>>    namespace$
>>
>>> It is beginning to appear to me that gcj/g++ will do name mangling of
>>> Java packages without regard to C++ reserved words, resulting in entry
>>> points that can't conveniently be referenced in C++ using CNI.
>>
>> That's right.  It should be fairly easy to fix this, though.
>
> Just so that I'm clear: what you are saying is that *both* gcj/g++ and
> gcjh need to be fixed.

If you want to be able to access namespace namespace from CNI, yes.

> I believe that doing such, while necessary, would break the binary
> interface: in particular code which is compiled today to call into JAXP
> would not work with new versions of JAXP that are compiled with a
> version of gcj/g++ which has this fix.
>
> Is that OK?

Yes.

>>> Where can I find the "old" gcjh?  The current code is in Java, which
>>> presumably does *not* have the mapping:
>>>
>>> http://cvs.savannah.gnu.org/viewvc/classpath/tools/gnu/classpath/tools/javah/?root=classpath
>>
>> But this is easily fixable, as I pointed out in my previous massage.
>>
>> The old gcjh is very out of date.  I'd just fix the current code.
>
> Is that "I'd" or "I'll" :-)

I'd.

> Is there something more I can provide?  Will gcj/g++ also be fixed?

Well, I already suggested how you might fix gcjh.  It's a matter of
whether you want to be able to access namespace namespace from CNI or
merely not have header files that choke C++.  Why not try the fix?

Do you really need CNI access to namespace namespace ?