Re: Creating and using GCJ ARM cross compiler

Andrew Haley schrieb:
> Matthijs van de Water wrote:
>> On Mon, Apr 21, 2008 at 7:21 PM, Matthias Klose <doko@ubuntu.com> wrote:
>>>  there are some arm specific patches applied on top:
>>>  http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/gcccvs/branches/sid/gcc-4.2/debian/patches/?rev=0&sc=0
>> I'm using a number of those patches on top of the Ubuntu branch in my
>> OE build. It looks like I have all the relevant ones for my situation.
>>
>> Matthias: are you saying that you've seen this branch (plus patches)
>> work on ARM? That means I'm doing something wrong (either missing some
>> patches, or configuring incorrectly)...
>>
>> Any help is appreciated. I'm not really an expert on this subject and
>> I'm in desperate need to make it work.
>
> I'm using gcj Version 4.3 on my ARM Debian box all the time and it works
> perfectly.  Your insistence on using this old release seems to me
> to be quite perverse.

the most recent test results I can find are:

based on the ubuntu/gcc-4_2-branch:
http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-testresults/2008-04/msg02414.html

based on the gcc-4_3-branch:
http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-testresults/2008-04/msg01822.html
http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-testresults/2008-04/msg00385.html

on both branches the following test cases fail:

Running target unix
FAIL: Throw_2 execution - source compiled test
FAIL: Throw_2 -findirect-dispatch execution - source compiled test
FAIL: Throw_2 -O3 execution - source compiled test
FAIL: Throw_2 -O3 -findirect-dispatch execution - source compiled test

No, I currently don't have access to an arm box.

  Matthias