Re: Will cni be the sane native interface to c++ in openjdk U gcj?

Chris Gray writes:
 > I don't claim to know the answer to this question, but I *think* I know what
 > the question is: namely, "if I now convert my code to use CNI, will I still
 > be able to use it with future gcj versions/derivatives based on openjdk
 > code?". That is indeed a valid question from an application developer's point
 > of view. It may also be computationally equivalent to answering the question
 > "where will gcj be N years from now", abd I'm not sure anyone really has an
 > answer to that ...

That's right.  CNI is so superior to JNI that I really don't want to
see it die, but fixing it for OpenJDK is a lot of work.  I think that
the odds it will happen are better than 50%.  This would be a terrific
Summer Of Code project, in case anyone is looking...

Red Hat UK Ltd, Amberley Place, 107-111 Peascod Street, Windsor, Berkshire, SL4 1TE, UK
Registered in England and Wales No. 3798903