Re: Interpreting bytecode on a powerpc 405 EP

Andrew, Tom,

I finally managed to set up a new cross toolchain, based on gcc 4.1.0 (thanks to the crosstool environnment). Unfortunately, it doesn't help since I got exactly the same error message.

I'd like to run the libffi testsuite. It's not obvious for me how to
set it up and compile it, specially from within the crosstool
baseline. Could you provide me with guidelines on that ?

Thanks!

Patrick

On 19 Apr 2007 10:50:22 -0600, Tom Tromey <tromey@redhat.com> wrote:
> [...]

Andrew> gcj 3.4.3 is very old.

I'd just like to reiterate this.

>> I will have a look at the libffi which could be the one to blame?

Andrew> libffi has its own testsuite. It would be a good idea to run it.

... for instance my recollection is that, back then, the libffi test
suite was rudimentary.  It has been greatly expanded -- thanks
Andreas! -- since then.