Interpreting bytecode on a powerpc 405 EP

Hello all,

I'm a newbie on a project using gcj 3.4.3. We execute java code on a
powerpc 405 EP with a linux 2.4.20 kernel. Our cross-platform
toolchain was build two years ago by an other team and works fine.
Today we want to interpret some java bytecode so as to load
dynamically jar libraries. But, the executable fails when we try to
load a simple java class. The sample below  fails with an illegal
instruction whereas it works well on a X86 platform:

   Class c = cc.loadClass("InterpretedClasse");
   System.out.println("   we load: " + InterpretedClasse.class.getName());
   InterfaceClasse  obj2= (InterfaceClasse)c.newInstance(); // GCJ crashes
   System.out.println("   instance created:" + obj2.name());

Has someone a similar experience with this kind of platform ?
I don't know how to investigate?
Maybe using the latest version of gcj will solve my problem?
I will have a look at the libffi which could be the one to blame?

Thanks

Patrick Olinet