Re: libgcj_bc.so not embedded

Mohsen Saboorian wrote:
 > > It's not supposed to be.  The idea is that you compile your program
 > > and it dynamically links with the libgcj installed on the system.
 >
 > Then what happens for example in Windows, where there is no such
 > linkable library. Is it possible to statically link my program with
 > this .so file so that there would be an absolute stand-alone
 > application?

Not quite, but you can link using -static-libgcj.  It doesn't work for
all Java programs, and in general it's a bad idea.  Why do you want to
do this, anyway?

I have a Java application and want to have it work on OLPC (laptop.org). OLPC uses a very light FC 5 I think, which doesn't have any GCJ library, since their main development environment is Python and JavaScript. I'll try -static-libgcj option to see if this works.

I already had static compiled SWT and Swing applications running on OLPC :-)

Marco