Re: 2nd quarter of 2007 and no GPL code of Java from Sun.

Hi David,

>We freeloaders tend to dread the prospect that we will have to pay for
>what we have become accustomed to receiving gratis.  It should be
>remembered that there is no inalienable right to free Red Hat services.

Why not? Didn't they already set a precedent with Fedora? :)

>There are several companies that make a business of selling proprietary
>java runtime environments for embedded devices.  I wonder if it would be
>possible to survive by providing support for gcj/libgcj...

That handles your embedded devices scenario, not my Win32 scenario.
I know it's too premature to speculate on the future and wasn't really
expecting a real answer, just thinking out loud.

-- Mohan
http://www.thisiscool.com/
http://www.animalsong.org/