Re: 2nd quarter of 2007 and no GPL code of Java from Sun.

JC> We're in 2nd quarter of 2007 and no release of the complete source
JC> code under GPL is put to the public!

JC> What does Sun wait to?

In addition to what the others said, it turns out there have been some
bubbles in the pipeline; various bits of the JDK libraries are
encumbered and Sun has been stripping them out.  There was a talk
about this at FOSDEM and (I think) a post about it on one of the
lists.

Please be patient.  OpenJDK is going to happen.