Thread stack pointers

Hi:

I am implementing a multi-thread, multiprocessor garbage collection
system for Java in gcc.  In the runtime system I need to determine the
stack base and stack top pointers for each mutator in order to scan
the stack for each mutator for pointers to live heap objects.   Any
idea how I can determine or compute these pointers?

Thanks,

Delvin Defoe
Doctoral Candidate
Department of Computer Science