Re: [Devjam] FOSDEM! Classpath/DevJam/OpenJDK

[Mark Wielaard]
> Yes. Sorry if that was not clear. Since we wanted to have three
> sessions at Fosdem and had already decided those would be about GNU
> Classpath & Friends, OpenJDK and GNU/Linux distro Packaging it made
> sense to officially turn this into a shared meeting. As
> http://wiki.debian.org/Java/DevJam/2007/Fosdem says:

Yes, my involvent in the FOSDEM java gathering and the reason I am
calling for a devjam at the same time and location is to increase the
chance of having the people working on free java present and talking
to each other.  Please see it as a friendly reenforcement of the
Classpath meeting, and not as a hostile takeover.

At the moment 21 people have signed up on thewiki page and thus
expressed their interest in joining.  7 of these seem to be interested
in sponsoring, at least for the travel.  I have no idea what it would
cost to get them there, but the numbers on the page indicate values
around 250 EURO, so I guestimate 7 * 300 EURO = 2100 EURO.  That is
not to bad, and should be possible to collect.  I hope we get at least
that amount of sponsoring.  No idea how much accomidation will cost,
but I'm sure it will be some extra expences. :)

Andreas, how are you doing with collecting sponsoring?  How much money
do Debian have left in the "Java pile" left over from last devjam?

I'm not sure I can make it myself, but hope the rest of you will have
a productive meeting even if I have to stay home. :)

Friendly,
--
Petter Reinholdtsen