Re: __tls_get_addr()

Just for closure and anyone who may be searching this thread for help, I
solved the problem. I followed msg00723 to its conclusion which had the
final patch in it. I went to install it and found it was already there
-- yes, that means the patch was installed prior to the 4.1.0 release at
any rate. So, I went back to my crosstool 0.43 configuration and found
that I was erroneously following the gcc/glibc-tls.dat example which was
putting the flags in the glibc configure and make process instead of the
gcc configure. I edited the powerpc-405 configuration file to append the
--disable-tls on the GCC_EXTRA_CONFIG and I know have a gcj compiler
that compiles and links. Since the C/C++ compilers have been working I
presume that gcj will also work, but I cannot test it until Monday or
Tuesday (lack of accessible hardware).

Thanks for all your help.

--
Al Niessner

I have never found the companion that was so companionable as solitude.
- From Walden by Henry David Thoreau

The universe is indifferent, and life is brutal; however, it is man's
choice of behavior that makes them malevolent rather than benevolent.

Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain
That is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain.
- From the song Pepper by the Butthole Surfers