Re: [gcj-eclipse-merge-branch] MinGW ecj: Cross-built ecjx?!

Hi Tom,

>I'm afraid I didn't consider Windows when writing this.  Sorry about
>that.
>
>I'm open to solutions.  What would work best?  We could compile the
>ecj jar, though that is likely to be pretty unfriendly -- it is rather
>big.

Following up from my previous email (we've got multiple email threads
going on now), I see two possibilities:

- compile ecj.jar for static builds
- ensure that gij works properly for static builds

The latter piece could be solved by linking gij to libgcj.a (or libgij.a,
I forget what libgij is for), using --whole-archive, which I think should
be done anyway for all static builds.

This wouldn't change the fact that ecj.jar would be interpreted on
systems like Windows that don't have the notion of a system-wide shared-object
database, though, which seems pretty inefficient, which is why I'm leaning
towards the first solution unless someone sees something I'm not seeing.

-- Mohan
http://www.thisiscool.com/
http://www.animalsong.org/