RE: DWARF-2 EH for MinGW gcj?

 Mohan Embar
 Monday, 27 November 2006 11:52 a.m.

> Hi Danny,
>

> >I promise to submit a Part 1 patch by end of this week. If you would
> >like to review first, I can send you working version.
>
> What does Part 1 do? I wouldn't mind looking at this, although
> it will probably be Greek to me.

Basically just registers the unwind info tables at startup.

> >Part 2  builds libgcc amd libstdc++ as dlls (c++ frontend patch for
> >typeinfo linkage needed for latter).
> >This takes care of EH across dll/exe bounds for C++with out need for
> >shared-ptr hackery
>
> I'm assuming that this would mean that application developers would
> need to ship these DLLs with their applications.

Yes.

Would this preclude
> monolithic statically-linked executables?

If *not* throwing execeptions across shared library boundaries, static
linkage would still work fine for C/C++.

What are the GPL
> implications
> of this?

IANAL. My practice is that if I distribute a GPL libarary, I distribute
the source.

> >c++ frontend patch for typeinfo linkage needed for latter
>
> Does this patch already exist?

It has not been submitted yet.

> >. >
> >. >- Any ideas or hunches on how to solve this problem?

> Aren't these all __stdcall declarations anyway? (Like I said, I know
> very little about this stuff.)

Yes, mainly, but __stdcall convention is irrelevant.