Can OpenJDK's compiler replace ECJ for GCJ?

Can OpenJDK's compiler replace ECJ for GCJ?

The OpenJDK's compiler is downloadable from:
http://www.java.net/download/openjdk/jdk7/promoted/b03/compiler-7-ea-src-b03-30_nov_2006.zip

I think that we can hack the OpenJDK's compiler for >=GCJ-4.2 because it's GPLed for GPLed software, without legal problem.

The ECJ's licence is not GPLed and it may become in a future problem.

The ECJ's source code can be bloated, redundant, ... and has more KLOCs than OpenJDK's compiler.

This OpenJDK's compiler is for very unstable Java-1.7 but is easyly strippeable to for Java-1.4.2 (srcode & bytecode) eliminating genericity, foreach, etc. It eliminates the complex Java-1.7's bugs too.

I believe that if we do hack/strip the OpenJDK's compiler for Java-1.4.2 of >=GCJ-4.2 then we win development time, maintainability and buggyless.

Will can we fork this GPLed compiler as by example SunGCJ (or SGCJ, or JGCJ, GCJinJava, any idea?) specifically for GCJ.

If we will find SunGCJ's bugs then we will submit bugs to Sun for correcting the OpenJDK. Please, contact to Sun for autorepairing ;).