Re: javax.crypto not working properly; on linux ;-)

Marco Trudel wrote:
> Hello list
>
> Is there some active development on javax.crypto? Is this question
> better placed at the gnu classpath list (is there a list at all? I don't
> really understand the page)?

Classpath list info:
a message to classpath@gnu.org.

Classpath bugzilla: http://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/, component "classpath".

> I checked the GNU classpath CVS. CipherInputStream, CipherOutputStream
> and Cipher are all pretty old so I guess they're all up to date in the
> latest GCJ source.

CipherInputStream and CipherOutputStream are badly implemented in
Classpath, I'm afraid. They could use some improvements.

> So, my questions:
> - Is there someone actively maintaining javax.crypto?

Sure. No-one is actively changing the code now, but there are at least
two people who can field bugs filed against those classes.

> - Is there someone who could guide me fixing it?

A few of us on the classpath mailing list may be able to help.

> - Are there already patches/fixex I could backport for GCJ?

I don't think there are.

Thanks.