Re: AWT with static gcj

Tom Tromey wrote:
"Marco" == Marco Trudel <mtrudel@gmx.ch> writes:

Marco> Ok, then one short time solution will be to do something with libltdl Marco> and the long term solution would be to fix that in GNU classpath/GCJ Marco> so that libgtkpeer.so will be built on --disable-shared? Marco> Is this a big thing? Shall I fill in a bugreport?

I don't think we would change that.  If you ask for --disable-shared,
I think the best thing to do is assume that you really meant it.

Well, actually I really mean it. But I would expect to either get a libgtkpeer.so or that the gtkpeer stuff will be pulled into the executable when using AWT.

Marco> Isn't it possible to create the dynamic lib out of this static lib?

Not on all platforms.

The libltdl prelinking thing would probably work, I suggest giving it
a try.

As you might have guessed already, that would be - in my opinion - an unnecessary and ugly hack (no offense, thanks for the tip!). I hacked the Makefile and created my shared libgtkpeer.a this way.

Marco