Re: profile questions

>>>>> "Anthony" == Anthony Green <green@redhat.com> writes:

Anthony> On Mon, 2006-08-28 at 15:37 -0600, Tom Tromey wrote:
>> BTW ... Anthony, if you could redo the profile with addr2line
>> disabled, that would be interesting.  You can do this with:
>>
>> -Dgnu.gcj.runtime.NameFinder.use_addr2line=false

Anthony> This makes no difference.  I thought this option controlled whether or
Anthony> not addr2line is used if dl_addr isn't available (which it is).

I thought we used dladdr to find the address and file name, and then
used addr2line to find the line number.  Maybe I'm misreading the code
though, I'm not really all that familiar with it.  From stacktrace.cc
it doesn't seem like we have an existing flag to disable line numbers
at runtime.